Senior Vice President - Retail - Europe
- -- Worldwide --
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Holistic accountability of the P&L for all owned and branded stores in Western Europe. Leading the stores, retail back office and acting as a member of the Senior Leadership Team of Western Europe. Responsible for profitable and sustainable market share growth and to be the primary leader in driving all initiatives and strategies through the Branded Concept Stores, Flagships, Factory Outlets and Franchise Stores in Western Europe.
Create and deliver the vision and strategy for all stores in Western Europe, and retail back office support functions. Cultivate and develop talent and future leaders with an identified succession plan throughout the organization. Be passionate about people and inspire/motivate the organization to deliver internal talent for future store growth and promotional opportunities cross-functionally within Western Europe.
Ensure channel sales, profitability, margin and operational objectives are met through an executed strategic business plan. Stay in close alignment with Global retail direction, giving input to Global on behalf of Western Europe and ensuring flawless exection at Market level.
- Be the primary leader interfacing with our Global Sales and Brands Organizations, Global Sales Strategy & Excellence, and creating a highly effective and efficient Omni-Channel partnership with WE VP eCom
- Develops and implements consumer-insights-driven in-store programs designed around industry best practices to increase efficiency in executional excellence
- Delivers flawless Brand Campaigns across all store formats and within global direction.
- Drive stores’ performance by leading and coaching field teams on ways to increase sales and profits and ensuring store teams are executing processes and tools correctly to maintain on-shelf product availability to consumers.
- Maintain a strategic approach to execution and consistently communicate vertically and cross- functionally to ensure that internal priorities are aligned and resources are allocated appropriately to achieve desired results.
- Create, identify and deliver plans for areas for improvement to ensure consumers understand and receive the full brand experience in stores.
- Support the Group’s strategic priorities by creating awareness of the priorities and ensuring the teams have flawless execution of key initiatives.
- Engage in strategic conversations with Retail cross-functional departments to ensure their department initiatives are aligned with business objectives both in-store and supporting back office.
- Lead the strategic interface for all in-store initiatives (including, but not limited to merchandising, marketing, visual merchandising, planning and budgeting, workforce management, logistics, back office, IT, Human Resources, and Employee concern resolution
- Work to achieve set goals of profits, sales, market share and consumer and employee engagement.
- Plan and lead the team to ensure all positions in the business are staffed with exceptional leaders; building a successful succession planning program and talent development.
- Set clear and measurable objectives for direct reports; assess and help develop their functional and soft skills; identify and help develop talent for career and leadership opportunities. Leveraging the company system for performance management.
Global Sales Retail partners, Western Europe Senior Leadership teams, Retail support partners: Finance, HR, Legal, IT, SCM , eCommerce counterpart, Retail Brand Marketing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be a contributing member of the Western Europe Senior Leadership team
- Ability to strategically prepare for and execute aggressive sales growth targets
- Ability to think strategically, understand complex business challenges and formulate effective solutions designed to improve results.
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess strong leadership, management and coaching skills, and the ability to capitalize on and apply these skills, resulting in the growth and development of employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams through difficult, emotional and stressful business and organizational climates.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve desired results in a fast-paced, highly competitive, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, negotiation and resolution skills.
- Must be familiar with the retail industry and trends in the marketplace.
- Ability to manage projects effectively, including ability to identify, define, measure, analyze, innovate, improve and control problems that are without clear precedent.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional results and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree from a four-year college or university (or equivalent amount of relevant professional experience); MBA preferred
- Minimum of 12 years in retail industry ideally at the Head of Department or equivalent level.
- Previous leadership experience in retail operations is highly preferable.
- Minimum 8-10 years cross-functional management experience
- Minimum 10 years experience managing a team
- Must be willing to relocate in the future
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales and profit goals
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and inspire a high-performance team
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
Recruiter, Executive Search / Retail Recruitment Specialists
Other sectors include Food service, catering, FMCG, FEC, Theme Parks, Construction.
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.