Senior Manager, Front-Office Business Intelligence
- Hong Kong
Information strategy sets data as a major IT focus. Data-Driven Operations, Data-Centric architecture, Omni-channel digital transformation, Data Science, are all new topics for my client with a strong impact on how BI manages its relations with stakeholders, business analysts and end-users. Also, more datasets, more real-time information, more reporting and data exploration tools has generated strong opportunities for new usages, needs for users education and a better demand management.
In Charge of:
- Demand Management for BI, analyse requests and priorities with business stakeholders
- BI framework for front-office developments
- Information Reporting and Exploration tools, techniques and methodologies
- Relationships with stakeholders, to represent BI department
- IT involvement into business process improvement initiatives where data is recognized as key enabler
- BI adoption and training
- Articulate Business Intelligence functional roadmap
- Identify opportunities to exploit and enhance BI landscape and data integration capabilities
- Provide analytical support to the business community regarding reporting and data integrity
- collaborates with the business functions to define new or enhanced processes
- Create awareness of data in EDW and find ways to increase value of BI across functions
- Role of BI Trainer on demand and follow up with third level support
- Analyze and lead technical and application problem resolution
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs
- Adapt methodology to the variety of projects: agile, waterfall, innovation, in-house or outsourced
- Extended IT teams in Hong-Kong, Singapore and offshore teams in India
- Domain IT Product Managers and Analysts
- BI governance Stakeholders across product domains
- Product Owners, Data stewards and Business Analysts (Stores, Merchandising, Supply Chain, CRM and Digital) as a subject matter expert on BI systems and data
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 7-12 years of experience in customer software development
• Fluency in English language
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact with C-level
• Self-Organized and Independent in ways of working
• Experience in Business Analysis & Planning
• Conduct feasibility studies based on high level requirements & existing systems
• Knowledge of Agile framework like SCRUM, writing of user stories
• Experience in managing full cycles of BI projects
• Experience in leading business case discussions and prototype exercise
• Experience in data modelling and process mapping
• Experience in various BI reporting tools – Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Domo, Business Objects
• Background in managing, implementing and deploying technology solutions
• B2C domain experience is a must, Retail domain knowledge preferred
• Writing of acceptance criteria & test cases
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
Recruiter, Executive Search / Retail Recruitment Specialists
Other sectors include Food service, catering, FMCG, FEC, Theme Parks, Construction.
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.