National Account Controller
- United Kingdom
- Job Type:
This critical role reports to the Commercial Director and heads up designated retailer customer accounts including responsibility for turnover, volume and profitability and ensuring optimum performance. You will provide full on customer focus forging stronger business partner relationships.
You will need to be strategic and tactical in your approach delivering, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for delivering board approved budgeted annual volume and revenue for your retail customers;
- Implement key strategies for maintenance and growth of your customers;
- Responsible for the control and allocation of advertising and promotional budgets for branded sales;
- Responsible for short and long-term strategic planning to achieve profitable growth in all soft drink categories for customers;
- Driving and coordinating the internal resource to deliver NPD and own label initiatives from concept to launch;
- Managing all Account projects involving customer initiatives;
- Liaise cross functionally and with the senior team and your customers;
- Work proactively with the brands team to build and implement the annual plan effectively;
- Provide broad level communication links between and the varied contact network across the customer’s head office;
- Ensure customer demand is in line with the agreed forecast by drawing upon the relationship with the customer and the supply chain teams internally and externally to ensure that forecast accuracy is maintained at the agreed KPI levels;
- Instigate and lead project teams internally and across the wider group to improve business performance, collaboration and results.
As a driven, conscientious and tenacious individual, you’ll have a real passion for making things happen and delivering quality on time.
You will need the following experience:
- You are an accomplished National Account senior manager or manager with a proven track record of profitable and sustainable sales delivery and marketing exposure;
- You have at least five years sales experience in an FMCG blue chip food and drinks industry sector organisation which includes a demonstrable record of success with some of the top five grocery retailers, ideally with 'named' customers;
- Successful delivery of retailer own label NPD experience is essential;
- Strong commercial awareness and first class negotiating ability is essential;
- Positive can-do approach, adept at conflict management whilst also being on the front foot to seek out and exploit business opportunities;
- Experience of working with and using Category Management to identify opportunities to support the sales process;
- Experience of a large-scale Food and Drink business and the associated processes e.g. forecast-driven just in time and vendor manage inventory - led production
- Experience of selling Brands and Private Label to named retail customers.
We prefer you to be based in the South West UK offices but you can be based anywhere in the UK providing you can spend 2 to 3 days per week in Somerset.
Relocation assistance is provided. Circa £65000 + great pension, car & bonus
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
Recruiter, Executive Search / Retail Recruitment Specialists
Other sectors include Food service, catering, FMCG, FEC, Theme Parks, Construction.
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.