Buying Manager (Toys )
- Job Type:
Objectives: Responsible for assessment and purchasing of toys for retail sale. The incumbent is responsible for selecting the toys to be sold in the stores, and consequently the product assortment, product availability and competitive pricing. Leads market assessment and demand management analysis, responsible for contract negotiation and vendor management.
- Responsible for sourcing and delivering a commercially successful range of toys
- Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers; sourcing new suppliers and negotiating terms of contract including price, quality, availability, rebates etc.
- Negotiate working relationships that maximise margin and minimise risk
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Review and determine supplier fit with overall strategy on an annual basis and optimum routes to market for each category
- Predicting seasonal best sellers, core lines and future trends
- Completing regular competitor shops and market analysis reports
- Budget management for all category ranges
- Design, develop and implement the overall buying strategy for the company
- Agree and deliver forecasted sales, stock and profit targets in line with range plan, ensuring agreement with the General Manager
- Devise and utilise fruitful procurement and sourcing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services, finalising purchase details of orders and deliveries
* Only applicants with Toy / Gift buying experience will receive a response
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
Recruiter, Executive Search / Retail Recruitment Specialists
Other sectors include Food service, catering, FMCG, FEC, Theme Parks, Construction.
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.