Ecommerce General Manager
perienced GM to join an expanding Online E Commerce company in Saudi Arabia. The GM will be responsible for providing strategic, financial, and operational leadership for the company and will closely coordinate and work with the Board of Directors and senior leadership team. He will be responsible for leading strategy. This role will bring together Digital Marketing and E Commerce operations for integrated point of view. The GM will be charged with driving Markets’ online sales and making the brand an innovative, content-rich and cutting-edge digital player. This includes articulating online and driving overall brand awareness, thereby supporting multi-channel sales growth.
The Online Sales’ arm of this leading Retail company” that has a strong network of branches all over the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The candidate should have the ability to manage change, develop policies and procedures and structure as the company grows. As well as managing the day-to-day business activities you will be involved with the activities of:
- Primary responsibilities:
- Development of the Company’s strategy; Lead and oversee the implementation of the Company’s long and short-term plans.
- Analyze and make recommendations on the impact of long-range growth initiatives, planning, and introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions to the Board of Directors.
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures of the company that will improve operational and financial effectiveness.
- Create an omni-channel Customer Experience strategy, inclusive of consumer insights and customer activation
- Develop and implement digital strategy for company wed site along with digital marketing & social media strategies, with clear and quantifiable objectives
- Achieve agreed financial targets for online sales, expenses, and profitability
- Directly manage department heads under his supervision (i.e., the Digital Creative Director, Director of eCommerce Operations, Digital Program Manager, Social Media Associate) and oversee operations of the Marketing/PR team
- Work collaboratively across the business, including Retail, Buying and Planning, Operations, Logistics and IT to ensure the message is consistent through the business, and omni-channel objectives are being met
- Leverage data to better understand the customer so as to grow spending levels of existing customers while also attracting new customers.
- Ensure the business is at the forefront of digital and omni-channel innovation and developments - in essence this individual needs to outthink rival brands.
- Secondary responsibilities:
- Assess the principal risks of the Company and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed.
- Ensure that expenditures of the Company are within the authorized annual budget of the Company
- Ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place
- Act as a liaison between management and the Board.
- Communicate effectively with shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public.
- Keep abreast of all material undertakings and activities of the Company and all material external factors affecting the Company and to ensure that processes and systems are in place.
- Optimize/ handle the Company’s banking relationships and work closely with CFO to foster and grow its strategic and financial partnerships.
- Evaluate company’s financial, operational, and sales and marketing structures to plan for continual improvements/ increase of operating efficiencies.
- Mentor and interact with members of staff at all levels to foster growth and encourage development among senior executive team and all members of staff.
- Technical responsibilities:
- eCommerce Leadership 60%
- Strong grasp of eCommerce strategy and how digital agencies contribute to client success.
- Experience with enterprise eCommerce platforms (Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento, Big Commerce, etc.).
- Strong grasp of eCommerce operations from the merchant perspective and proven track record of success in eCommerce delivery and/or sales.
- Introduce best practices and tools for execution off site pricing and merchandise changes
- Directs overall refresh calendar and procurement/ merchandise team deliverables for the brands
- eCommerce Site Operations 25%
- Lead / drive eCommerce site opportunities to deliver a best in class experience
- Oversee maintenance of the site, including refreshes, new product launches, product list pages, and pricing to follow up with his team to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Determine destinations and linking strategies to support the customer directions.
- Closely monitor competition as it relates to site functionality and new initiatives
- Responsible for the overall site Product Information Management (PIM) and follow up with his team to ensure accuracy
- Foster partnerships with cross-functional teams to maximize E Commerce performance 15%
- Ensure active partnership between eCommerce product team on site metrics and back-end improvements
- Directs the Buying team on merchandising to optimize product presentation and ensure product accuracy on the site
- Important Leadership Traits:
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strategic mindset.
- Professional business acumen.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to lead and manage
- Continually drive effective results.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related, MBA from top school preferred
- Ideally you will have 15+ experience and at least 5+ years in a senior management role
- Experience in Retail/ Online Sales company would be preferential
- eCommerce Solution Strategy and Design
- managing or providing solutions for omnichannel commerce solutions preferably in a high-volume agency or solution integrator environment.
- -- Worldwide -- Middle East
- Job Type:
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
#Recruiter, #Executive #Search #Retail Recruitment Specialists #Talent #International Vacancies
Other sectors include #Foodservice #hospitality #Digital
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.