Director of Merchandise Planning - Ecom
Director eCom Merchandising Planning & Inventory Management
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Director Merchandising Planning & Inventory Management will be responsible for preparing the right OTB plan, including the right discount and sell thru assumption, for the buying team to prepare their seasonal buy. Also he/she will be responsible for the overall inventory management to ensure eCom achieving company inventory target.
The functional areas will span OTB planning, inventory management, and merchandising planning that includes full year factory capacity booking and IBP forecasting.
- Lead the partnership with buying team to develop buy plan (OTB) per store/platform according to buying strategy, financial target, and historical analysis.
- Conduct historical analysis in terms of buying structure and provide proposals for pre-season buying structures at platform level.
- Monitor actual bought vs. buy plan.
- Lead the partnership with buying team to develop plan for category and monitor performance
against the plan
- Lead the discussion with buying team and SCM team for submission to ensure we provide
accurate capacity forecast to global
- Lead in the process to provide ongoing product and category performance and quantitative analysis e.g.:- sales, best seller, MD, etc.
- Maintain & Monitor compliance of pre-season buy and net sales forecast
- Integrated business plan and merchandising demand plan based on the direction
Responsible for maintaining the inventory rolling forecast by platforms by buckets
Responsible for managing merchandising operations
- Accountable for the timely arrival of all products: inline and promotion
- Weekly inform e-commerce team on the inventory status by discount buckets
- Align with e-commerce buying/marketing team on hard launch/hype launch execution and
- Assist e-commerce site operations team with product publishing
- Markdown execution according to company policy and company promotions
- Responsible for maintaining the right store/platform allocation
Responsible for event inventory estimation and preparation by platforms by buckets to ensure we have sufficient stock to achieve the sales target
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or quantitative field and a minimum of 10 years of experience in inventory management and OTB planning – preferably in ecommerce environment
Strong hands-on experience on inventory management including rolling forecasting, discount/pricing management and inventory operation
University business degree in statistics, mathematics, finance, business administration, economics or similar discipline
- China Shanghai
- Job Type:
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
#Recruiter, #Executive #Search #Retail Recruitment Specialists #Talent #International Vacancies
Other sectors include #Foodservice #hospitality #Digital
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.