Director Category Planning China APAC
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
At least 3 years in product management; Exposure to other marketing disciplines preferable, e.g. merchandising, brand communication, or sales experience; Must have the ability to influence others within an organization. Result-oriented; Strong numerical / Analytical skills; Willing and able to travel on a regular basis
English and Mandarin fluency required.
Execute category range plans in Country / Cluster (China) within guidelines set by APAC BU.
- Validation of local category range within the country based on the Asia-Pacific proposal for relevant category(s).
- Work with relevant BU to understand category seasonal strategy/priority/insight
- Keen understanding of the Country / Cluster market landscape and specific category consumer for defined scope.
- Handover category range plan Assortment Planning Team for relevant category(s).
- Perform Category analysis including sell-thru, forecasting, pricing corridor & segmentation compliance, etc.
- Work within calendar timelines & deliverables:
- Set country/cluster prices in local currencies, ensuring pricing harmonization
- Set volume forecast and define product mix to achieve margin & Net Sales targets and forecast accuracy
- Sample set needs feedback and sample ordering (pre-sell / SMS)
- Ensure global systems are up-to-date with country/cluster information,
- Local article management + SMUs briefs to APAC as needed/approved
- Define customer segmentation ; Ensure deviations approval on segmentation
- Collation of market landscape and competition intelligence (category level)
- Article selection/ validation into store format framework according to BU range segmentation
- Mandatory Range guidance and review per segmentation guidelines
- Receive, Represent & deliver Category presentations , Business Review, Quarterly Range Handover, Pre-lines, Trade Meeting
- Work with Brand Comms / Activation teams on seasonal category brand calendar
- Prepare & Execute Commercial meeting, Pre Buy, Final Buy, etc based on the aligned deliverables(TBD)
- Deliver update on 2020 category strategic plan, Support process, review performance and ensure consistent evolution of quality of output.
- China Shanghai
- Job Type:
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
#Recruiter, #Executive #Search #Retail Recruitment Specialists #Talent #International Vacancies
Other sectors include #Foodservice #hospitality #Digital
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.