Product Sales Manager - Sydney
The Product Sales Manager (PSM) is the key people element to the corporate vision of exceptional people delivering exceptional product.
The PSM is the primary conduit between the corporate merchant team and the customer, ensuring a seamless customer experience aligned to the company vision while effectively driving sales. Managing, mentoring, and developing a cross-functional sales team, the PSM brings to this role energy, an ability to lead and correct while acting ‘on their feet’ and an intuitive sense to think ahead and problem solve. The PSMs own their brand/categories of business at store level and are responsible for ensuring promotions, product training, and overall floor presentations are being met. In addition, they are engaged at a strategic level and work directly with the corporate merchant team on effectively executing what needs to happen to drive sales today as well as communicating future opportunities for growth.
The Product Sales Manager possesses an outgoing and assertive personality, strong interpersonal skills, and a desire to lead and inspire their teams. Most importantly, they possess a passion for the brands and products they represent.
• Align the customer experience to the company vision – exceptional people delivering exceptional product.
• Drive sales: action sales, clearance, promotions, and incentive targets with passion. Focus on ways to increase and continually improve
• Ensure a high energy, positive floor experience for staff and customers
• Effectively partner with the Platinum Services team to enhance the customer experience
• Effectively communicate company overall objectives and how the sales team are critical to driving the achievement of company vision, store sales targets and strategies for those objectives.
• Review sales productivity and individual sales team member’s performance on a regular basis.
• Ensure a development plan is in place and actively reviewed for each of your sales team.
• Lead, coach and train your team to ensure they are consistently growing in skills, confidence and effectiveness in their roles.
• Responsibility for being the primary communication link between product merchants and the customer, including regular phone and email communications.
• Maintain a very high standard of product and brand knowledge for your area, and ensure the same from your team
- Bachelors Degree in Management, Business or equivalent preferred, not essential
- Proficiency in English
- 4+years retail store experience required. Leadership experience with sales and
luxury merchandise highly desired.
- Must have high degree of integrity and confidentiality with a keen sense of business/financial acumen
- Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to work with complex issue.
- Job Type:
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
Recruiter, Executive Search / Retail Recruitment Specialists
Other sectors include Food service, catering, FMCG, FEC, Theme Parks, Construction.
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.