SVP - Retail Business Development & Strategy
- -- Worldwide --
To lead the development of growth strategies, and effectively execute business development growth initiatives with respect to existing and new product categories/channel & segments.
Key Areas of Responsibility by Function:
- Based on management directions/input, responsible for the coordination and development of the company growth strategies and projects
- Coordinate input across all stakeholders and prepare annual strategic plan presentation for management approval
- To grow brand portfolio via brand acquisition and or franchising / licensing.
- Maintain market intelligence on global/local retail trends to facilitate brands identification/evaluation
- Identify and effectively develop new brands leads and maintain an adequate pipeline
- Proactively approach/pitch target brands
- Effectively negotiate with brand principals on commercial and contract terms
- Guide and review new projects financial feasibilities to ensure viability
- Build effective network and relationships across the business internally and external partners
- Identify and secure suitable new projects/locations for both existing and new brands
- Build strong and positive relationship with all key landlords
- Ensure optimal rental rate for all new projects
- Regularly review store performance and renegotiate rent to improve store profitability if required
- Supervise the legal team on matters involving principal contract finalizations, renewals, trademark protection, property / landlord documents etc.
Qualifications / Role Requirements:
- At least 15 years’ experience in managing international retail brands, preferably in the following product categories: Beauty, Apparel, Fashion Accessories & Watches
- Excellent proven track record of identifying, acquiring high yield brands and successfully pitching for new business.
- Excellent business acumen, strong analytical, financial modelling and negotiation skills.
- Merger & Acquisition and or Due Diligence experience is an advantage
- Experience of working in a corporate business environment.
- Outstanding problem-solving and comfortable to deal with complex situations
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
Recruiter, Executive Search / Retail Recruitment Specialists
Other sectors include Food service, catering, FMCG, FEC, Theme Parks, Construction.
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.