Retail Operations Manager
The Retail Operations Manager will be Responsible for achieving P&L targets for the stores under his/her responsibility by coordinating with planning, merchandising and marketing teams and by managing and being accountable for all stores operations according to company standards and guidelines.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Day to Day operations of store/s under his/her responsibility;
- Conduct analysis on available data (eg sell-out and sell-through, trends bestseller, brands) in order to ensure that the store performance is in line with the assigned sales and profitability targets and identify and lead corrective actions where needed;
- Work with Planning and Merchandising team to ensure optimal inventory management. Work with this team and Brands and Brand Team on the product planning, buying and mark down process. Monitor returns, inventory levels, product sell through and product availability for each store to ensure an adequate product cover. Manage stock movements between stores and plans to liquidate end of sale product;
- Work with and provide input to Marketing teams to ensure implementation of marketing guidelines;
- Ensure that VM is consistent in all stores and according to the brands’ guidelines. Implement planned shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers. Ensure upkeep and optimal condition of all fixtures and fabric of shop premises and ensure all equipment is in working order;
- Identify areas for concept improvement (new fixture and VM fixture, change of lay-out, introduction of a new assortment, new customer service standards or training programs, improved retail marketing and graphics support in the store) and secure support to execute throughout the organisation;
- Lead and develop a consumer focused organization by recruiting, managing, training (selling and customer care) and motivating all team members, whilst respecting company policies and employment laws;
- Lead the Store Opening/Refit Process & ensure all support is being given to open the store on time;
- Seek and inform about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and share this to relevant stakeholders and departments in the Company;
- Hold regular team briefings/update meetings;
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, staff and customer awareness, according to company health and safety guidelines and measures and relevant law;
- Responsible to ensure compliance with all processes, operating procedures, standards and guidelines for central services (Sales, Merchandising, Purchasing, Marketing, Human Resources, etc.);
- Acquire best results in stock loss by monitoring, tracking and implementing all loss prevention activities;
- Store Managers
Key performance indicators :
- Payroll Costs
- Conversion Rate
- Stock Loss
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Over 5 years’ experience #sports retail/brand management
- Experience in conducting contract negotiations with suppliers and partners
- Proven track record in delivery of results and achievement of targets
- Well-developed coordination and leadership skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to motivate and inspire others, able to deal with suppliers, partners and employees
- Ability to work across Company functions and levels, locally and overseas
- Focused on continual change and adapting to meet dynamic environment
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
Recruiter, Executive Search / Retail Recruitment Specialists
Other sectors include Food service, catering, FMCG, FEC, Theme Parks, Construction.
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.