Assistant General Manager - Retail Operations
- Job Type:
The Assistant General #Manager #Retail Operations leading the effort in providing an optimised customer service environment ensuring
everything the customer sees, feels, and hears while in the store is executed to the highest possible standard. The AGM drives the ‘back of house’ and engages, mentors, and trains their team of logistics, operations support, ensuring all efforts are continually focused on the customer.
In addition, the AGM Operations is responsible for appropriately managing all other shop expenses including utilities, supplies, uniforms, and contract services.
Communicating directly with in the store to all management and personnel as well as externally with warehouse, finance, zone leadership teams, and landlords, the AGM is charged with maintaining an efficient, cost effective, inventory-right, customer focused environment.
The AGM Operations possesses a detailed but big picture understanding of business strategy and how to
execute at store level. With strong leadership skills and a keen appreciation for the bottom line.
Drive Store Profitability & Support Services
• Responsible for all expense lines on the Profit & Loss statement, ensure store expenses are controlled to predetermined levels and improvements recommended to General Manager.
• Prepare budgets and forecast expenses and profitability in collaboration with General Manager as/when required.
• Provide a comprehensive overview of the financials for the General Manager and in management meetings as and when requested.
• Review ‘store vs. company averages’ and identify areas for location improvement or best practices to be shared.
• Make proactive recommendations to be taken to maximize store profitability. Execute approved recommendations and related outcomes.
• Collate quotes and make recommendations on necessary purchases of major expenses in consultation with General Manager.
• Responsible for oversight of stock takes and inventory control to minimize losses through effective management of the Product Manager and team.
• Ensure monthly variations in cash registers, stock transfers are investigated and reported accurately.
Store Presentation, Facility and Plant
• Responsible for consistent execution and maintenance of all facilities to align with the delivery of exceptional customer experience. Includes every touch point that creates atmosphere and impressions in store – right music, the right lighting, right temperature, clean bathrooms etc. Assess need for contracted services, liaising with store manager and finance and advise.
• Manage all contracted services within the store, maintaining compliance with internal policies and standards and local regulations.
• Negotiate, formulate, review, monitor and terminate service level agreements/contracts in line with business need and demand, ensuring cost effectiveness, financial liabilities etc.
• Ensure company security policy and standards are implemented and monitored in stores.
• Ensure that the workplace is safe, with the premises and behaviours of employees not imposing risks to the health and safety of any person. Responsible for systems and procedures to be in place for potential risks to be identified and reported by any staff member, appropriately and promptly assessed, and to be actively addressed noting compliance with any relevant local legislation.
Store Planning and Project Management
• Ensure awareness of store refurbishment and floor relays and deadlines; manage effective implementation of these in line with advised timelines
• Monitor work in progress and dates in conjunction with shop fitters and Projects Manager
• Coordinate miscellaneous floor layout change projects as required in discussion with General Manager
• Work closely with building management regarding building and related issues and ensure timely and efficient action is taken where necessary
• Ensure key events and promotional activities are planned efficiently liaising with relevant departments, assessing needs, sourcing GWP’s, security, staffing etc.
• Bachelors Degree in Management, Business or equivalent recommended.
• 5+years management experience required. Regional retail leadership experience with merchandising and financial accountability highly desired.
• Merchandising and negotiations experience a plus.
Executive Search, Job search, Management search, recruitment agency, ethical recruiters in MENA, Asia, UAE, Europe Retail, FEC, Food, Fashion, Luxury brands.
Sectors We Cover
Retail, Food service, Hospitality and FMCG – Mid-Management to Executive positions in Operations, Buying, Merchandising, CRM, Franchise, Food preparation, Business Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing, Finance and IT, Leadership, HR, Business Development, Organisational Development and more.
Recruiter, Executive Search / Retail Recruitment Specialists
Other sectors include Food service, catering, FMCG, FEC, Theme Parks, Construction.
We focus on quality and service. We are not a big volume agency! We will only discuss an opportunity with you when you have a good chance of success!
Global Retail Recruitment is an established global retail recruiter and executive search agency focusing on delivery of quality recruitment process and extensive knowledge in the retail sector. We assist candidates in their search for a new career with consideration to their personal requirements, key skills, future career path and capability of fulfilling our clients brief.
We have delivered success and continue to deliver quality retail recruitment process for candidates globally to leading brands in Europe, Asia, and MENA. Our recruitment success is based on our commitment to providing ethical, considerate and communicative recruitment service coupled with honest, professional advice.
We have significant experience in Luxury, Food, Fashion, Lifestyle, Variety Retail in operations and all support functions such as HR, Leadership, organisational development marketing, finance, buying, merchandising, VM, Supply, Logistics, Franchise, CRM, Real Estate, E-commerce and more.
Vacancies are normally Area, Regional, Country, GM, Director, CEO, COO, CFO, VP, P, MD levels.